Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
I'm trying out Knoppix 3.3 on my G40 and I've run across 3 issues.
1. Broadcom 5901 FastEthernet Adaptor not recognized. KNoppix doesn't have a module for this. Anyone know where I can get one compiled for the 2.4.22-xfs kernel Knoppix uses? This is my most important issue, as I cannot use the laptop without network connectivity.
2. DRM Drivers not loading for Video. The laptop uses the 855GME chipset intended for Centrino applications (Although the laptop isn't a Centrino) and the drm drivers come back with a 'cannot allocate memory' error. With 8MB system ram dedicated to Video. Not a huge issue, as video performance is adequate, but I would like to fix this. I do suspect it's an issue with X being older than the Chipset, due to XF86's glacial release cycle.
3. WinModem doesn't work. No big deal. Don't use the damned thing anyways.
Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
When you said: pdate: "Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine." what was done.. i have the problem right now.
Thanks.
Sorry... it was only a not thinking moment. I am just downloading the linux drivers from broadcom.
Thanksñ.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00