Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
I'm trying out Knoppix 3.3 on my G40 and I've run across 3 issues.
1. Broadcom 5901 FastEthernet Adaptor not recognized. KNoppix doesn't have a module for this. Anyone know where I can get one compiled for the 2.4.22-xfs kernel Knoppix uses? This is my most important issue, as I cannot use the laptop without network connectivity.
2. DRM Drivers not loading for Video. The laptop uses the 855GME chipset intended for Centrino applications (Although the laptop isn't a Centrino) and the drm drivers come back with a 'cannot allocate memory' error. With 8MB system ram dedicated to Video. Not a huge issue, as video performance is adequate, but I would like to fix this. I do suspect it's an issue with X being older than the Chipset, due to XF86's glacial release cycle.
3. WinModem doesn't work. No big deal. Don't use the damned thing anyways.
Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
When you said: pdate: "Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine." what was done.. i have the problem right now.
Thanks.
Sorry... it was only a not thinking moment. I am just downloading the linux drivers from broadcom.
Thanksñ.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73