Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
I'm trying out Knoppix 3.3 on my G40 and I've run across 3 issues.
1. Broadcom 5901 FastEthernet Adaptor not recognized. KNoppix doesn't have a module for this. Anyone know where I can get one compiled for the 2.4.22-xfs kernel Knoppix uses? This is my most important issue, as I cannot use the laptop without network connectivity.
2. DRM Drivers not loading for Video. The laptop uses the 855GME chipset intended for Centrino applications (Although the laptop isn't a Centrino) and the drm drivers come back with a 'cannot allocate memory' error. With 8MB system ram dedicated to Video. Not a huge issue, as video performance is adequate, but I would like to fix this. I do suspect it's an issue with X being older than the Chipset, due to XF86's glacial release cycle.
3. WinModem doesn't work. No big deal. Don't use the damned thing anyways.
Update: Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine.
Still working on Centrino(855GM/GME) DRM issues.
When you said: pdate: "Built the Broadcom Drivers in my home directory. NIC now working fine." what was done.. i have the problem right now.
Thanks.
Sorry... it was only a not thinking moment. I am just downloading the linux drivers from broadcom.
Thanksρ.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD π
$140.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40