I get the exact same thing. How do you fix this? Someone please help.
for some reason when i start knoppix ill get it to start to boot up but when it gets to the point where it loads the firewall it hangs up. . . why? it will just keep saying that it is going idle for for 30 seconds. is this happining to anyone else? what can i do to fix it?
Here is the error i get
####warning####
the firewall won't be started/stopped unless it is configured
please configure it then edit /etc/default/shorewall and set
"startup" varible to 1 in order to allow shorewall to start
#####################
INITANIC:segment violation at 0x804e2ld! sleeping for 30 seconds.
then it just keeps sleeping what is going on?
I get the exact same thing. How do you fix this? Someone please help.
Do exactly as the error tells you edit the file /etc/default/shorewall as root with any editor and find the line in the file that has the startup variable in it and change it to 1 if you have problems post the file here.Originally Posted by jc01
I have the same error as the other person. I put in the CD and it boots and give me the error.
####warning####
the firewall won't be started/stopped unless it is configured
please configure it then edit /etc/default/shorewall and set
"startup" varible to 1 in order to allow shorewall to start
#####################
INITANIC:segment violation at 0x804e2ld! sleeping for 30 seconds.
How do I edit? I can't type anything, keyboard don't respond. I reboot the machine and it boots to the same error.
this is one hard OS to get to work

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$245.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00