Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: unable to find cdrecord executable

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    13

    unable to find cdrecord executable

    I have run the k3b setup a few times, searched for solutions to this problem also. I am using k3b. I keep getting the "unable to find cdrecord executable error", then it tells me to install it from something called cdrtools or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

    I really don't want to be tied to having to do it from a rootshell. I am brand new, so be gentle with me.

    Running knoppix 3.3 via CD.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22
    Type "which cdparanoia". If it is found on the system (in the $PATH) the response will let you know exactly where.

    If you have installed Knoppix (Debian) to your HD, su to root and then type "apt-get install cdparanoia" and it will be fetched and installed for you.

    hw

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    13

    got it working as root

    I went to a root shell and typed "k3b" without quotes. That worked perfecly


    I did do the cmd that you mentioned. It came up with /user/bin/cdparanoia

    I could get to that dir, but I am unclear as to what I should do with this information. Do I add it as a path? I ask this because everything seems to be ok when I run in a shell as root and I am also running off of CD.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: unable to find cdrecord executable

    --I think Klaus fixed this in the 9-24 rev.

    Quote Originally Posted by extradudeguy
    I have run the k3b setup a few times, searched for solutions to this problem also. I am using k3b. I keep getting the "unable to find cdrecord executable error", then it tells me to install it from something called cdrtools or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

    I really don't want to be tied to having to do it from a rootshell. I am brand new, so be gentle with me.

    Running knoppix 3.3 via CD.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1
    I did the following two commands as a root user:

    root#chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord
    root#chmod o+x /usr/bin/cdrecord

    with this changes I could start k3b as knoppix user without complaints.

    BUT, is this secure?

    Elias

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by etahhan
    I did the following two commands as a root user:

    root#chmod u+s /usr/bin/cdrecord
    root#chmod o+x /usr/bin/cdrecord

    with this changes I could start k3b as knoppix user without complaints.

    BUT, is this secure?

    Elias
    That is how the permission are supposed to be set you have just corrected the error.

Similar Threads

  1. cdrecord does not recognise the cd-drive
    By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:18 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.8.1 unable to find my home folder
    By kayodeok in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
  3. cannot run executable files
    By mooseman in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:37 AM
  4. CDRtools Package & CDrecord Installing? HOW?
    By Johnny3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:01 PM
  5. Why I used cdrecord from the CLI and no GUI
    By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition picture

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition

$435.00



SOPHOS XGS 136 Firewall 12 Port 1G/2.5G - NO AC ADAPTER - NO HARD DRIVE picture

SOPHOS XGS 136 Firewall 12 Port 1G/2.5G - NO AC ADAPTER - NO HARD DRIVE

$65.00



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99