While partitioning did you set the type (for the swap partition) to 82 (or whichever Linux Swap is, I think that's it)? I made that mistake at first...
hi all iv got knoppix 3.2 runs fine of the cd, but i want to install to the Hard Drive, and recived the following error;
can ant one help??An error occored while setting up swap.
Some messages frrom mkswap: user/local/bin/knx-hdinstall: line 621:/sbin/mkswap Input/Output error.
i think it might do with the partitioning.
any input would help
While partitioning did you set the type (for the swap partition) to 82 (or whichever Linux Swap is, I think that's it)? I made that mistake at first...
Are you using knoppix-installer? Looks like you're using the old installer similarly named knx-hdinstall. What did you use to partition the drive? m I like cfdisk myself but Qtparted also seems to be pretty popular.![]()
yeah, im using the old installer, whats the command for the new one??
also whats the command for Qtparted??
any input will help

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72