You log in. From text mode I presume? Are you booting with any of the cheat codes available? What kind of video card?Originally Posted by brlund
You can also try startx.
::Before you read, yes i am a newb::
I start up knoppix I login then I try typing
startkde- then it just goes crazy saying cant connect to x server
xserver- warning priority set to -11 instead of requested priority 10
Fatal Server Error:
cannot creat lock file in /tmp/.txo-lock
root@none:/#(is this the problem?)
Thanks in advance
You log in. From text mode I presume? Are you booting with any of the cheat codes available? What kind of video card?Originally Posted by brlund
You can also try startx.
sorry for my lack of details:
I have onboard video on my gateway baby-at motherboard
yes i log in as root
when i try startx it keeps repeating (somethingidontremember): cannot start x server
Thanks!
I have never so much as rebooted a Gateway before so that really doesn't tell me much. My video card is an ATI Radeon 7200 w/ 128M AGP. What's your chipset? There are cheat codes in the Docs section to specify the type of driver needed for Xwindows to work on your particular video chipset.I have onboard video on my gateway baby-at motherboard
The part you can't remember is what we need. There will actually be some useful error messages there. Write it down if nothing else.yes i log in as root
when i try startx it keeps repeating (somethingidontremember): cannot start x server

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99