true1ever,
Sorry to say i can't help you out with this one, but hopefully someone else on the forum can. If you figure this one out on your own, please post how you were able to fix it.
Thanks.
I set up a network printer (hp4000) and it works fine from KOffice. When I use OpenOffice, make a document from scratch and try to print it won't print (as if the printjob just dissapears to nowhere, no errors). If I use the OpenOffice Autopilot document generator feature it DOES print the generated document. Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it so it will print regular documents?
thanks,
Jim
true1ever,
Sorry to say i can't help you out with this one, but hopefully someone else on the forum can. If you figure this one out on your own, please post how you were able to fix it.
Thanks.
I believe you have to setup the printer in OpenOffice too.
I thought that was just for the previous version of Star Office. Not sure though.Originally Posted by AvidLinuxUser
2 Tips from Kandalf :
Need comprehensive info about KDEPrinting?
Type help:/kdeprint/ into a Konqueror address field and get the KDEPrint Handbook displayed.
This, plus more material (like a FAQ, various Tutorials, a "TipsNTricks" section and the kdeprint mailing list) are available at printing.kde.org...
Want KDE's printing power in non-KDE apps?
Then use 'kprinter' as "print command". Works with Netscape, Mozilla, Galeon, gv, Acrobat Reader, StarOffice, OpenOffice, any GNOME application and many more...
See printing.kde.org for more detailed hints..
Can I use kprint over a network to print from KATE, KWRITE or KONQUEROR?
TIA,

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
Lot of 21 Intel Core i7 8thGen CPU Processors
$1599.99
AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00