I fixed the problem with the ext3 fs getting mounted as ext2. I forgot to add the initrd option for the debian install in grub.conf. Added that and it mounted as ext3.
Still have the logout problem though.
Hi,
I just installed 3.3 to my drive. It boots fine, and runs great. I only have a couple problems. One is if I choose Logout | "Login as Another User" in KDE. When I do this, the screen just goes black. It doesn't return me to the KDM (I think it is using KDM) login screen. CTRL-ALT-BS doesn't kill the X server. It just seems to hang. No hard disk activity. The only thing I can do is power down.
Anyone seen this before? An old Mandrake install I had did a similar thing, and I never found a solution.
The second problem is that on boot up, I see a message saying that my ext3 partition is being mounted as ext2. I didn't see any error codes or anything to indicate what the problem is.
This is installed on a Dell Inspiron 8200. It is triple-booted (WinXP, Suse 8.2, Knoppix 3.3), with GRUB as the bootloader. The ext3 FS for Suse mounts fine.
Thanks.
Nate
I fixed the problem with the ext3 fs getting mounted as ext2. I forgot to add the initrd option for the debian install in grub.conf. Added that and it mounted as ext3.
Still have the logout problem though.
I have the logout problem as well, with the 3.3 pre-release (5-9-2003) installed on my system.
does anyone know how to fix it, or whether it is fixed in the later versions?
This bug is in bugzilla (Bug# 265). http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99