Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Two things about remastering I dont understand.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24

    Two things about remastering I dont understand.

    What do I need to put in my partition for remaster.
    I need to download all the debian packages that will form my remaster in that partition?

    I can understand all the steps described in the tutorial but I am not sure if I need to download and place the debian packages in my partition or the partition will be more of a mirror of all the packages I am working with now.

    I am kinda confused.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3
    I've got the same question too. I also have a question about the ISO compression. I tried following the Remastering doc on this website (except for all the apt-get update step) and everything worked except that I ended up with an ISO image too big to fit back on the CD! The only thing I added was the nvnet.o module which is quite small.

    Is there a different compression method used for the standard Knoppix discs?

    Jim

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    knoppix is sorted so yoi'll get diffrent sizes. Try removing something that you know you'll never need. Some SDL game or sth

Similar Threads

  1. help me understand the symlinks on /ramdisk
    By als in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
  2. please telk for me easy to understand.Thank!
    By lytieulongcon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. dont need partition to mount
    By Quite in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  5. [b]PS/2 Mouse dont work[/b]
    By bharry in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC

$115.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00