What filesystem are you using?
linux is not safely able to write to ntfs partitions, fat32 or fat16 are fine.
~rock
I'm using Knoppix on my XP laptop. So far it's pretty cool, EXCEPT for the fact that I can't seem to un-write protect anything on my hard drive. All folders and files come write and read enabled for "user" but everything else is disabled. Any changes I attempt to make to any folders or files is unsuccessful. (it gives me an error message) I don't know if this is some sort of vengeful Microsoft backlash or what, but it's really hindering anything I can do with Knoppix. Any help?
What filesystem are you using?
linux is not safely able to write to ntfs partitions, fat32 or fat16 are fine.
~rock
Yeah, I just saw that about NTFS. Hadn't occured to me to check since I always format FAT32, but this was someone else's lappy before and they used NTFS. Grrrr. Ahh well, I can reformat to FAT32 later.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00