Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Question about use of multiple cheat codes ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Question about use of multiple cheat codes ???

    I'm sorry to ask such a foolish question but I am rather new to linux as knoppix is the first distro I've felt confident enough to wet my feet with. My question is reguarding the use of more than one cheat code at the boot-up process. I had assumed to use more than one code one would have to seperate each command "cheat code" with a ";" semicolon . "Please correct me if this is wrong." However I must have made an error either in typing or in my assumptions, because I only seem to be able to initiate one code at a time "As far as I can tell." For example knoppix lang=us ; knoppix screen=1280x1024

    Both codes work fine used seperately, my problem only occurs when i attempt to use more than one in conjunction with the others... Am i doing something wrong, or is there another issue I maybe over looking ?
    Once again I apologise for my ignorance javascript:emoticon('')

    Thanx in advance Praxzeus

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024 you just put spaces between the codes and you only need the one knoppix at the beginning.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4

    What about "expert" and "knoppix home=scan&qu

    Hello,

    Apparently I need the cheat code "expert" to boot my computer. Yesterday I added a persistent directory to my HardDisk. This means that I need to use at least two cheat codes e.g. "expert" and "Knoppix home=scan". I assume that I should use the cheat code "expert" first and then the knoppix codes. Like this expert knoppix home=scan

    Is this the right way of using mutiple cheat codes??????????

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: What about "expert" and "knoppix home=sca

    Quote Originally Posted by academic
    Hello,

    Apparently I need the cheat code "expert" to boot my computer. Yesterday I added a persistent directory to my HardDisk. This means that I need to use at least two cheat codes e.g. "expert" and "Knoppix home=scan". I assume that I should use the cheat code "expert" first and then the knoppix codes. Like this expert knoppix home=scan

    Is this the right way of using mutiple cheat codes??????????
    According to the cheat codes docs expert is a separate image by itself with the same options as using knoppix so you would use expert home=scan

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    Thankyou to everyone who replyed so quickly... In my case I realised the error I was making ...I had put the semi colon direcly after the other codes without proper spacing between each command. I just wanted to inform every one where my foly was incase someone had a similar issue. However i did not realise that I only needed "Knoppix" once at the begining, and i could leave out the colons with proper spacing between codes... "Thanx again for the heads up Stephen."

    Once again thank you all for steering me in the right direction.


    -PraxZeus

Similar Threads

  1. Cheat codes
    By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
  2. customized cheat codes
    By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
  3. how to use cheat codes after hdd install
    By marklinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:28 PM
  4. Cheat Codes Don't Work
    By dannyd in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:57 PM
  5. knoppix cheat codes
    By kzaty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY  picture

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY

$500.00



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory picture

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory

$399.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS picture

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS

$1450.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50