-
Junior Member
registered user
After running update-modules as indicated above and getting the kernel error message, I now find after rebooting and running dmesg that I am getting the following errors:
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 32 to 1
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 64 to 2
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 96 to 3
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 128 to 4
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 160 to 5
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 192 to 6
Warning: Remapping obsolete /dev/fb* minor 224 to 7
Also cannot get my WUSB12 wireless adapter to work on ver 3.3. Set it up exactly as I did on 3.2, but no go.
I've noticed quite a few messages about problems with ver 3.3 being entered here. I think I'm going back to ver 3.2. There's too much happening here for me to fix with my current limited knowledge of Linux. Maybe they'll get this stuff all fixed by the next release.
I might try installing to hard drive in Debian mode instead of Knoppix mode. 3.2 knoppix-installer only did Debian mode, and things seemed to work fine.
Similar Threads
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By softbomber in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 12:20 PM
-
By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 03:33 AM
-
By akira28 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 11:52 PM
-
By iss in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 02:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99