-
Problems compiling hwsetup from source
Thanks to Stephen's help, I managed to obtain the sources for hwsetup from http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/. I untarred them, then installed the debian package for kudzu-dev. However, when I try to compile hwsetup, I receive the following errors:
Code:
[root@bog hwsetup-1.0]# make
gcc -I/usr/include/kudzu -DBLACKLIST -Wall -fPIC -O2 -s -o hwsetup hwsetup.c -lkudzu -lpci
hwsetup.c: In function `startwheel':
hwsetup.c:86: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'
hwsetup.c: In function `hw_info':
hwsetup.c:264: error: structure has no member named `type'
hwsetup.c: In function `writeconfig':
hwsetup.c:437: error: structure has no member named `type'
hwsetup.c: In function `hw_setup':
hwsetup.c:514: error: structure has no member named `type'
make: *** [hwsetup] Error 1
[root@bog hwsetup-1.0]#
I checked to make sure that /usr/include/kudzu is there:
Code:
[root@bog hwsetup-1.0]# ls /usr/include/kudzu/
ddc.h isapnp.h misc.h pci.h sbus.h usb.h
device.h keyboard.h modules.h pciserial.h scsi.h
ide.h kudzu.h parallel.h psaux.h serial.h
[root@bog hwsetup-1.0]#
It was my understanding that all hwsetup depended on was kudzu-dev, but it looks like this is not the case. Has anyone else run into this problem before? If so, what is the solution?
-
Senior Member
registered user
What version of gcc are you using? Knoppix is compiled (well the kernel anyway, not sure about the rest) with gcc-2.95
-

Originally Posted by
eadz
What version of gcc are you using? Knoppix is compiled (well the kernel anyway, not sure about the rest) with gcc-2.95
I'm using gcc 2.95.
-
Bumping.
Surely someone has compiled hwsetup, either successfully or with the errors I've seen.
-

Originally Posted by
Fang
Bumping.
Surely someone has compiled hwsetup, either successfully or with the errors I've seen.
I did. The problem is the version of kudzu libraries you are using. hwsetup is incompatible with kudzu-libs >0.99
You must adapt hwsetup to the new version of kudzu-libs or use the apropiate version of kudzu libs, or contact me at [email protected] and a I'll send you my modified version.
-
Simple Solution
The problem:
<pre>
hwsetup.c: In function `hw_info':
hwsetup.c:251: structure has no member named `class'
hwsetup.c: In function `writeconfig':
hwsetup.c:411: structure has no member named `class'
hwsetup.c: In function `hw_setup':
hwsetup.c:488: structure has no member named `class'
make: *** [hwsetup] Error 1
</pre>
The solution;
Just replace 'class' by 'type' in that lines. That's all;
-
Junior Member
registered user
Sourcecode request
Hi, @ll
does anyone of you have the latest source code of hwsetup? Like hwsetup-1.0-13?
Sourcecode of current source tree (1.0-9) doesnt work for me.
Thx.
-
Junior Member
registered user
do ls -l /usr/lib/libkudzu.a to get its size. I was not able to link hwsetup.o to a stripped libkudzu.a . It took me a long time to discover this.
An unstripped (and therefore sane) libkudzu.a is over 800 KB.
I am also looking for hwsetup-1.0-13 source. If it were not of that partitions crash, I would have mirrored it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By guyr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:26 PM
-
By rexmundi in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:13 PM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 05:56 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128GB (8x16GB) SK hynix DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM HMA82GR7AFR8N
$600.00

4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1
$379.00

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95