What version of gcc are you using? Knoppix is compiled (well the kernel anyway, not sure about the rest) with gcc-2.95
Thanks to Stephen's help, I managed to obtain the sources for hwsetup from http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/. I untarred them, then installed the debian package for kudzu-dev. However, when I try to compile hwsetup, I receive the following errors:
I checked to make sure that /usr/include/kudzu is there:Code:[root@bog hwsetup-1.0]# make gcc -I/usr/include/kudzu -DBLACKLIST -Wall -fPIC -O2 -s -o hwsetup hwsetup.c -lkudzu -lpci hwsetup.c: In function `startwheel': hwsetup.c:86: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit' hwsetup.c: In function `hw_info': hwsetup.c:264: error: structure has no member named `type' hwsetup.c: In function `writeconfig': hwsetup.c:437: error: structure has no member named `type' hwsetup.c: In function `hw_setup': hwsetup.c:514: error: structure has no member named `type' make: *** [hwsetup] Error 1 [root@bog hwsetup-1.0]#
It was my understanding that all hwsetup depended on was kudzu-dev, but it looks like this is not the case. Has anyone else run into this problem before? If so, what is the solution?Code:[root@bog hwsetup-1.0]# ls /usr/include/kudzu/ ddc.h isapnp.h misc.h pci.h sbus.h usb.h device.h keyboard.h modules.h pciserial.h scsi.h ide.h kudzu.h parallel.h psaux.h serial.h [root@bog hwsetup-1.0]#
What version of gcc are you using? Knoppix is compiled (well the kernel anyway, not sure about the rest) with gcc-2.95
I'm using gcc 2.95.Originally Posted by eadz
Bumping.
Surely someone has compiled hwsetup, either successfully or with the errors I've seen.
I did. The problem is the version of kudzu libraries you are using. hwsetup is incompatible with kudzu-libs >0.99Originally Posted by Fang
You must adapt hwsetup to the new version of kudzu-libs or use the apropiate version of kudzu libs, or contact me at [email protected] and a I'll send you my modified version.
The problem:
<pre>
hwsetup.c: In function `hw_info':
hwsetup.c:251: structure has no member named `class'
hwsetup.c: In function `writeconfig':
hwsetup.c:411: structure has no member named `class'
hwsetup.c: In function `hw_setup':
hwsetup.c:488: structure has no member named `class'
make: *** [hwsetup] Error 1
</pre>
The solution;
Just replace 'class' by 'type' in that lines. That's all;
Hi, @ll
does anyone of you have the latest source code of hwsetup? Like hwsetup-1.0-13?
Sourcecode of current source tree (1.0-9) doesnt work for me.
Thx.
do ls -l /usr/lib/libkudzu.a to get its size. I was not able to link hwsetup.o to a stripped libkudzu.a . It took me a long time to discover this.
An unstripped (and therefore sane) libkudzu.a is over 800 KB.
I am also looking for hwsetup-1.0-13 source. If it were not of that partitions crash, I would have mirrored it.
I finally found hwsetup-1.0-14.
http://www.hgz.com/knoppix/Packages
Found info at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...hlight=hwsetup

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$429.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen Core i7-8565U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$229.99
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80