Confirming this behaviour on i845 chipset. Any fix please?
Hi,
I just burned the new KNOPPIX 3.3 iso and with this version the integrated i845 graphic card can not go into 1280x1024 (XFree i810 driver) ...
After boot and detecting all the hardware I get this messages:
////////////////////
[drm:drm_init] *ERROR* Cannot initialize the agpgart module. /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i810.o: init_module: Cannot allocate memory Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i810.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i810.o failed /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i810.o: insmod i810 failed
///////////////////////
Are some kind of solution for this?. This does'nt happen with KNOPPIX 3.2![]()
Confirming this behaviour on i845 chipset. Any fix please?
I have exactly the same problem with I865G. Anyone has a solution ?
I don't this is the forum to discuss the issue. However, I'd like to add my two bits from my own experience yesterday.
I installed Knoppix (Debian) on the hard disk and I faced this problem too, but here's the confusing part. The problem surfaced only when I used a single 512 MB RAM chip. The problem went away when I switched it with a 128 MB RAM chip.
Note: The problem does not appear when I run Knoppix Live on the CD with 128 or 512 MB RAM.
Weird huh!
Worst part... the damn thing works fine on Red Hat 9.
So I was unable to use Knoppix since I ran out of time.
Regards
Rishi

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00