-
How do I put persistent data in ~knoppix?
Hello,
I have recently created a CD from a remastered
Knoppix 3.3. What I have not figured out how to
do is put persistent data (e.g., scripts that I use
frequently, ssh keys, etc.) into ~knoppix automatically.
I want to burn that data on the CD and have it
copied to ~knoppix automatically on boot.
I thought the answer had something to do with
/etc/skel, but that data does not seem to be
copied to /ramdisk/home/knoppix after boot.
I did not see this covered in the Remastering Howto:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
or in the various persistent home howtos.
I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you,
_ Ian
Similar Threads
-
By cohyster in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By bradleyko in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By hooji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 04:00 PM
-
By k.otaku in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
-
By Phredd in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails
$310.00