-

Originally Posted by
hw-tph
Have you tried installing a 2.4.22 kernel on the P120 previously? If that's the case you might be installing the modules in a previously used directory (/lib/modules/<uname -r>).
If you can get as far as logging in to this computer with the new kernel, try just running update-modules as root.
The build directory should have nothing to do with the resulting kernel package.
hw
No I didn't installed any previous 2.4.22 kernels. But to be honest, after rebuilding the kernel package with a different config on the P4, I kind of forgot to remove the /lib/modules/2.4.22.2003-sep-25 directory... so if there were modules with unresolved symbols left over from my first... they might be the troublemakers then.
But I have to check that first.
About just saying [no] and installing the kernel-image completely... hmmm... I avoided that, because I didn't want to reboot my server with an half-broken kernel-image set up. But it seems so that I simply have to do that. Since I only have one VGA monitor
and managed the server completely via SSH, I wanted to wait with the physical procedure of switching the VGA cable between both PCs as long as possible. :P
Thanks, you helped me a lot by pointing out some the obvious mistakes I may have done. It's a long time ago since I maintained my GNU box, so I've forgotten a lot. That's why I post. 
If it fails, I'll come back.
Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
-
By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 12:47 AM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 12:30 PM
-
By Thraaser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 04:29 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2002, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 Laptop to Desktop Memory Adapter Card SO-DIMM To PC DIMM Lot
$92.59

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00