-
make-kpkg kernel doesn't install on other system
Hello all!
I tried to use Knoppix for the following task:
- make kernel packages running Knoppix 3.3 on my P4 for my debian router wich is a P120.
It's obvious why I got this idea, compiling a kernel on a P120 is a pain in the a**. So I downloaded the v3.3 built 22 Sep. 2003 and after that the latest kernel source which is now 2.4.22.
I used the old config file from my previous 2.4.20 kernel package and added some new features and most importantly the module for a faster NIC.
Well, I had no problems at all compiling and creating the packages but when dpkg I finally set up the kernel-image package on my server, I got loads of "unresolved symbols in... xyz" errors.
It seems as if debmod is unable to resolve symbols for my whole collection of modules. And now I wonder what and where things went wrong. Maybe there are some entries in /etc/modutils/path missing? I had some problems with missing or wrong entries in that files once in a while. But I to admit it I have no clue how to add the new 2.4.22 paths manually or automagically. Maybe the problem is totally different:
I didn't compile the kernel in /usr/src/linux, but in a directory on a mounted ext2 file I created on my W-DOS partition, so the base path ( -I e.g.) was /mnt/tmp/linux. Maybe this path is ported into the kernel-package and I have to override it with an option when make-kpkg??? I dunno. Please help.
Similar Threads
-
By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
-
By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 12:47 AM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 12:30 PM
-
By Thraaser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 04:29 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2002, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99