Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: clean boot into window manager

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    49

    clean boot into window manager

    So I've been playing around with remasterring. I got a nice 210 mb mini with: fluxbox, phoenix ( deb http://people.debian.org/~eric/debian/i386 ./ ), flash plugin, mplayer, xpilot, vim, and a bunch of my favorite gtk apps.

    So, I've been launching X after booting into level 2, which is okay, but clunky. Anybody care to share how you have hacked the code to boot cleanly into the window manager of your choice?

    KnopNL does this, Alex, what was your approach?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196

    Re: clean boot into window manager

    Quote Originally Posted by John
    So I've been playing around with remasterring. I got a nice 210 mb mini with: fluxbox, phoenix ( deb http://people.debian.org/~eric/debian/i386 ./ ), flash plugin, mplayer, xpilot, vim, and a bunch of my favorite gtk apps.

    So, I've been launching X after booting into level 2, which is okay, but clunky. Anybody care to share how you have hacked the code to boot cleanly into the window manager of your choice?

    KnopNL does this, Alex, what was your approach?
    Well, in KnopNL all i did was edit /etc/init.d/xsession

    Great to see so many people addicted to remastering

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    49
    Thanks, I'll peak at your code.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    6

    window manager

    in /etc/init.d/xsession I found nothing that seem can change the window manager at startx

Similar Threads

  1. Boot other window manager when KDE is removed (3.6 remaster)
    By GnuJoe in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 02:27 PM
  2. Window Manager does not start
    By RattyMan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM
  3. How to integrate new window-manager?
    By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:12 PM
  4. What should I use for my Window Manager?
    By e7eMeNt in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:02 AM
  5. change window manager
    By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



Cisco ISR4431/K9 V02 4400 Series Rack Mount L3 1Gbps Router 3 LAN RJ-45 picture

Cisco ISR4431/K9 V02 4400 Series Rack Mount L3 1Gbps Router 3 LAN RJ-45

$200.00



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$36.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00