Well, in KnopNL all i did was edit /etc/init.d/xsessionOriginally Posted by John
Great to see so many people addicted to remastering![]()
So I've been playing around with remasterring. I got a nice 210 mb mini with: fluxbox, phoenix ( deb http://people.debian.org/~eric/debian/i386 ./ ), flash plugin, mplayer, xpilot, vim, and a bunch of my favorite gtk apps.
So, I've been launching X after booting into level 2, which is okay, but clunky. Anybody care to share how you have hacked the code to boot cleanly into the window manager of your choice?
KnopNL does this, Alex, what was your approach?
Well, in KnopNL all i did was edit /etc/init.d/xsessionOriginally Posted by John
Great to see so many people addicted to remastering![]()
Thanks, I'll peak at your code.
in /etc/init.d/xsession I found nothing that seem can change the window manager at startx

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$97.95
Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$81.39
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95