Well, in KnopNL all i did was edit /etc/init.d/xsessionOriginally Posted by John
Great to see so many people addicted to remastering![]()
So I've been playing around with remasterring. I got a nice 210 mb mini with: fluxbox, phoenix ( deb http://people.debian.org/~eric/debian/i386 ./ ), flash plugin, mplayer, xpilot, vim, and a bunch of my favorite gtk apps.
So, I've been launching X after booting into level 2, which is okay, but clunky. Anybody care to share how you have hacked the code to boot cleanly into the window manager of your choice?
KnopNL does this, Alex, what was your approach?
Well, in KnopNL all i did was edit /etc/init.d/xsessionOriginally Posted by John
Great to see so many people addicted to remastering![]()
Thanks, I'll peak at your code.
in /etc/init.d/xsession I found nothing that seem can change the window manager at startx

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.7 GHz 5.2 GHz Max Boost AM5 - Good
$350.00
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36