Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
1. Download the latest rev (9-24) and see if the problems persist ( http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html )

2. As a workaround (yes I know it's inconvenient and bugs suck, but here you go) you can ' . .bashrc ' (from your home dir; full syntax would be ' source ~/.bashrc '. Edit .bashrc and throw ' echo "Bashrc ran" ' in there at the end to make sure.
Thanks for reaction.

I had already downloaded the latest 2003-09-24 version.

The problem with my '.bashrc' is that it is no longer there. Must have been overwritten by the skelet '.bashrc'. So "source ~/.bashrc" is possible but has no sense ...

I boot with "knoppix home=scan myconfig =scan". Knoppix 3.3 finds my home and configs on USB memory stick '/dev/sda1' but overwrites my '.bashrc'. (Knoppix 3.2 respected my '.bashrc'!!)

Also : it seems in 3.3 there is a 'speedtouch.o'-module which - I fear - interferes with my Speedtouch settings. But where can I find info on that module. Nothing to be found in the 'Changelog' . And Knoppix without access to the www ...

Anyway thanks for attention.

Regards,

Georges.