I am having troubles with this latest version of knoppix, i seem to be unable to connect to the internet. I have a Alcatel Speedtouch 330 modem. I've tried diferent forms of instaling it but unsucessfully. The closest i got to connecting was with david's script stated on battouta's post.

It does install my modem and syncronize my line for data transmission but it is unable to establish a connection. Someone tried to help me and said it could be a DNS problem, so i pinged at an IP instead of an URL but i got "network unreachable" confirming i was not connect.

I tried to see battouta's URL (http://60gp.ovh.net/~knoppixf/phpBB2...pic.php?t=3720) but i wasn't unable and it kept guiving me this message

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~knoppixf/phpBB2/viewtopic.php on this server."

I really stuck in this one. Knoopix really looks good, but without a connection to the internet i can't really use it.

Can anyone help me please?

Ah, i must warn you i'm a linux newbie so try to make the explain a "connection for dummies" thing or sugest a script that does everything for me.

Thanks in advance and forguive me for my bad english.