mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda1
![]()
Please help me i cant' do nothing i allready read all simulatenous topics ih this forum but i didn't find anything...
I am from Bulgaria I am a novice in LINUX so can you explain me like an how to for dummy step by step...
I try to edit fstab this is the only way i know by red hat but the file wont save so tell me another way...
mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda1
![]()
Hi all,
Thanks stonet & Capoeira.
I have been putting up with the same problem.
I usualy work for CD and do not use the hard dirve
but when I do it is not rw.
Keep two things in mind. First the script must run
as root so I add sudo to the front of the line.
If the device in not mounted, asking to remount
will not work. So the following lines in a startup
script will do the job:
If you have a lot of partitions and hard drivesCode:sudo mount -o wr /dev/hda1 sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda1
then you could update the file /etc/fstab
You could also use the sed command to look
at each line in /etc/fstab that has hd in it.
Then use s/exec 0/exec,rw 0/ to substitute the
second expression in place of the first.
Best WishesCode:sudo sed '/hd/s/noauto,users,exec 0/auto,users,exec,rw 0/' /etc/fstab >/home/knoppix/fstab sudo mv -f /home/knoppix/fstab /etc/fstab sudo umount -a sudo mount -a mkdesktophdicons
paradocs
warning: hope I typed it correctly. Line one of the code is long
and must be kept as one line. The code is 5 lines long.
I am a beginner -- only I have been at it longer.
The stars -- I stole from the German forum.![]()
Also, the desktop has hd icons of all hard drives and right clicking them pops up a menu where you can choose something like "change r/w permissions".
No need to be root, no shell magic, just simple click and run..

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99