-
Can't write nothing to hdd partions
Hi All,
I am a newbie into knoppix. I have come to know about knoppix two weeks before. Now I am using boot cd rom to load knoppix. My system is windows 2000. After booting I can access my files from the harddisk but I can't write nothing to it. It is saying you have no permission. I have tried changing root password and all. Can anyone help me in this issue?
Thanking you
Ebby Jose
-
Senior Member
registered user
Welcome ebbyjose,
As a precaution, when KNOPPIX boots from the CD
the harddisk is ro read only. If you have windows fat32
or linux partitions you may change the hardrive
partitions to rw read write.
Try the methods in this post.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5105
Best Wishes,
paradocs
-
Or you can just simply right click the hd icons on the desktop, and from the popup menu choose "change r/w permissions" (or similar)
Similar Threads
-
By UDHA in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 12:26 AM
-
By rekrause in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
-
By boo ya in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
-
By insomica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:53 PM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99