Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Idea for improving HD install

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    Idea for improving HD install

    I am preparing to install a cloop of Knoppix to VERY small HD. I don't like the idea of manually setting-up the LILO. So, I am planning on trying to change the sequence in which the CD searches for the kernel. Instead of chaecking for the CD first, I am hoping to make check the HD first. (I have already figured out that the floppy disk image can be used for El Torrito by burning this on a CD-RW and booting from it, it found Knoppix on the HD and Ran it. I am wondering what file I need to change to fix the Start-up sequence?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    FRANCE
    Posts
    4
    I do not understand quite well what you want but

    isn't the new "knoppix fromhd=/dev/hd**" boot option enough ?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    yep

    Sry, I didn't realize there was a new cheat code, I'm using v3.3 09-05-03,
    was this added in the latest release? I thought the new release was just a bugfix and there is no "fromhd" command documented in my version.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: yep

    Quote Originally Posted by andymadigan
    Sry, I didn't realize there was a new cheat code, I'm using v3.3 09-05-03,
    was this added in the latest release? I thought the new release was just a bugfix and there is no "fromhd" command documented in my version.
    That is a pre-release 3.3 the actual 3.3 was 2003-09-22 version a
    post by Fabian explaining the changes is here if you are going to download then get 2003-09-24 it has a bug fix for cdrecord.

Similar Threads

  1. Idea
    By McMahon in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 02:36 AM
  2. bad idea?
    By OErjan in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 07:41 AM
  3. idea
    By Schotty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 09:59 PM
  4. Benefits of improving compression?
    By jreiser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:45 PM
  5. i have a idea :)
    By wiak in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00