-
2 graphic settings questions
first all infos from the settings / control center / panel / display are saved correctly. but the desktop size is set back to 640x480 on 8 bit. all other infos from display are kept correctly.
second. can i move my desktop positon per settings, cause i have large black borders on the left and bottom.
thx for reading.
-
Senior Member
registered user
1) I have the same problem, but desktop is correctly set @ 1024x768
2) Xvidtune, will allow you to resize screen size to get rid of borders.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
TheCyberDude
1) I have the same problem, but desktop is correctly set @ 1024x768
2) Xvidtune, will allow you to resize screen size to get rid of borders.
]
any tips on how to get rid of the borders if xvidtune doesnt work? I get the error "video modes are not tunable on this chip" (it is an intel integrated video card - Intel 82845G)
-Corey
-
Senior Member
registered user
I did find this (no guarantees -- never had to try it):
http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/88/88447.htm
but it's only going to work -- I think -- if you do a hd install or remaster Knoppix.
-
XVIDTUNE Just what I was needing. Fixed my 1/4 screen shift! Thanks. One thing, do you know if the changes can be made permanent? If I reboot it goes back.
Again, Thanks
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
fingers99
would i have to recompile the kernel to get driver support? I wouldnt have a clue how to start.
Similar Threads
-
By Roger Wilco in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By Zend_DV in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By dex in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 01:37 AM
-
By oscar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
-
By nimdaclaet in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98