Interestingly, I had the same problem with 2.2 but my 3.3/2003-09-24 works fine. I have a Chaintec motherboard with SIS chipset, and normal IDE CDROM. Go figure...
I tried knoppix 3.3/2003-09-22/DE and I get the following error message:
knoppix can't find knoppix filesystem sorry
(After scanning aha1542 ...)
The problem seems to be dependend on the version of knoppix:
3.3/2003-09-22/DE: Problem
3.2/2003-07-26/DE: Problem
3.2/2003-06-06/DE: Boots without problems
3.2/2003-05-20/DE: Boots without problems
Motherboard is a Epox 8K9A2+ with a RAID Controller and Serial ATA Chipset. CDROM is on the "normal" IDE.
Any ideas?
Ciao,
Gerhard
Interestingly, I had the same problem with 2.2 but my 3.3/2003-09-24 works fine. I have a Chaintec motherboard with SIS chipset, and normal IDE CDROM. Go figure...

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
6x MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6 MICRON 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM MEMORY
$880.00
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested
$1000.00
16GB Samsung M393A2K40CB2-CTD7Y DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM Server Memory
$79.99
Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory
$669.00