Interestingly, I had the same problem with 2.2 but my 3.3/2003-09-24 works fine. I have a Chaintec motherboard with SIS chipset, and normal IDE CDROM. Go figure...
I tried knoppix 3.3/2003-09-22/DE and I get the following error message:
knoppix can't find knoppix filesystem sorry
(After scanning aha1542 ...)
The problem seems to be dependend on the version of knoppix:
3.3/2003-09-22/DE: Problem
3.2/2003-07-26/DE: Problem
3.2/2003-06-06/DE: Boots without problems
3.2/2003-05-20/DE: Boots without problems
Motherboard is a Epox 8K9A2+ with a RAID Controller and Serial ATA Chipset. CDROM is on the "normal" IDE.
Any ideas?
Ciao,
Gerhard
Interestingly, I had the same problem with 2.2 but my 3.3/2003-09-24 works fine. I have a Chaintec motherboard with SIS chipset, and normal IDE CDROM. Go figure...

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$484.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98