-
Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
In live-cd,
My soundcard Yamaha works fine under K3.2-2003-07-26 and before.
But now, under K3.3-2003-09-xx, it don't work.
I explain :
When knoppix is looking for hardware.
It shows under K3.2 and K3.3:
Soundcard : Yamaha Corporation | YMF-724F [DS-1 Audio Controller] driver=ymfpci
Here, it's good
Under K3.2, all work fine, but now under K3.3, it writes :
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-3
And I have no sound.
Please help me !
I don't understand why it doesn't work...
-
Re: Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2

Originally Posted by
Mokoshi
In live-cd,
My soundcard Yamaha works fine under K3.2-2003-07-26 and before.
But now, under K3.3-2003-09-xx, it don't work.
...
I don't understand why it doesn't work...

Have the same problem! the ymfpci driver wont work with knoppix 3.3. I can not say whether it was working on the 3.2 knoppix or other versions.
any comments?
-
Senior Member
registered user
me too! and even in the latest 3.3, it's "sometimes" working...
when I run dmesg in konsole I see:
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:09.0
ALSA ../../alsa-kernel/pci/ymfpci/ymfpci_main.c:99: codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x8000]
I have a VAIO with Yamaha YMF-744B.
But I have no clue what I can do...
-
Simply entering 'yamaha opl3' into the search field yielded these results:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3289&view=next
Similar Threads
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:09 AM
-
By Drenhead in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By IdroJ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:58 AM
-
By Joseph Schiller in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 04:22 PM
-
By ROBiNBOS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00