Have the same problem! the ymfpci driver wont work with knoppix 3.3. I can not say whether it was working on the 3.2 knoppix or other versions.Originally Posted by Mokoshi
any comments?
In live-cd,
My soundcard Yamaha works fine under K3.2-2003-07-26 and before.
But now, under K3.3-2003-09-xx, it don't work.
I explain :
When knoppix is looking for hardware.
It shows under K3.2 and K3.3:
Soundcard : Yamaha Corporation | YMF-724F [DS-1 Audio Controller] driver=ymfpci
Here, it's good
Under K3.2, all work fine, but now under K3.3, it writes :
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-3
And I have no sound.
Please help me !
I don't understand why it doesn't work...![]()
![]()
Have the same problem! the ymfpci driver wont work with knoppix 3.3. I can not say whether it was working on the 3.2 knoppix or other versions.Originally Posted by Mokoshi
any comments?
me too! and even in the latest 3.3, it's "sometimes" working...
when I run dmesg in konsole I see:
I have a VAIO with Yamaha YMF-744B.ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
ymfpci_codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x807f]
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:09.0
ALSA ../../alsa-kernel/pci/ymfpci/ymfpci_main.c:99: codec_ready: codec 0 is not ready [0x8000]
But I have no clue what I can do...
Simply entering 'yamaha opl3' into the search field yielded these results:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3289&view=next

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00