Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

    Hi forum,

    I'm a Knoppix newbie. I started the current version of knoppix and configured graphic card, monitor and ISDN internet access. After that I saved the knoppix config to a floppy. After saving a message box says that I should start knoppix with "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "myconfig=scan".
    I have done this but knoppix can't mount my floppy and is unable to load the config.

    What have I done wrong?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodson65
    Hi forum,

    I'm a Knoppix newbie. I started the current version of knoppix and configured graphic card, monitor and ISDN internet access. After that I saved the knoppix config to a floppy. After saving a message box says that I should start knoppix with "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "myconfig=scan".
    I have done this but knoppix can't mount my floppy and is unable to load the config.

    What have I done wrong?
    The cheat code has changed try floppyconfig or floppyconf.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks - I tried "myconfig=floppyconf" and "myconfig=floppyconfig" and "myconfig=scan" - nothing worked

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodson65
    Thanks - I tried "myconfig=floppyconf" and "myconfig=floppyconfig" and "myconfig=scan" - nothing worked
    Just use the cheats by themselves i.e. knoppix floppyconfig at the boot: prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. Where can I find .config for kernel 2.6.9 on KNOPPIX CD 3.6?
    By tlamik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 09:58 PM
  2. Boot floppy fails to find KNOPPIX image on FAT32
    By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  3. Using Knoppix to write a config floppy for Woody (stable)
    By hthb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 09:52 PM
  4. config knoppix.sh (on a floppy) to load modem drivers....
    By insomica in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:05 PM
  5. Custom data on floppy querie
    By timmoore47 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



HP ProDesk 400 G5 Desktop Mini Intel Core i5-9500T Gen 8GB DDR4 As-Is For Parts picture

HP ProDesk 400 G5 Desktop Mini Intel Core i5-9500T Gen 8GB DDR4 As-Is For Parts

$49.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$299.99



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36