Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

    Hi forum,

    I'm a Knoppix newbie. I started the current version of knoppix and configured graphic card, monitor and ISDN internet access. After that I saved the knoppix config to a floppy. After saving a message box says that I should start knoppix with "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "myconfig=scan".
    I have done this but knoppix can't mount my floppy and is unable to load the config.

    What have I done wrong?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix can't find config data on floppy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodson65
    Hi forum,

    I'm a Knoppix newbie. I started the current version of knoppix and configured graphic card, monitor and ISDN internet access. After that I saved the knoppix config to a floppy. After saving a message box says that I should start knoppix with "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "myconfig=scan".
    I have done this but knoppix can't mount my floppy and is unable to load the config.

    What have I done wrong?
    The cheat code has changed try floppyconfig or floppyconf.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks - I tried "myconfig=floppyconf" and "myconfig=floppyconfig" and "myconfig=scan" - nothing worked

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodson65
    Thanks - I tried "myconfig=floppyconf" and "myconfig=floppyconfig" and "myconfig=scan" - nothing worked
    Just use the cheats by themselves i.e. knoppix floppyconfig at the boot: prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. Where can I find .config for kernel 2.6.9 on KNOPPIX CD 3.6?
    By tlamik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 09:58 PM
  2. Boot floppy fails to find KNOPPIX image on FAT32
    By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  3. Using Knoppix to write a config floppy for Woody (stable)
    By hthb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 09:52 PM
  4. config knoppix.sh (on a floppy) to load modem drivers....
    By insomica in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:05 PM
  5. Custom data on floppy querie
    By timmoore47 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110) picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)

$61.30



Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse

$350.00



Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Apple IIc Vintage Computer System w/ Monitor, Printer, Disk Drive, Joystick picture

Apple IIc Vintage Computer System w/ Monitor, Printer, Disk Drive, Joystick

$350.00



Apple Vintage External CD-ROM Drive Unit picture

Apple Vintage External CD-ROM Drive Unit

$115.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple iMac 2003 G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac 2003 G4 15" 1GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 80GB HDD Mac OS X 10.4 M6498

$250.00