I have just downloaded 3.3-2003-09-24. First time with Knoppix, so booted from CD and watched. It failed to start X. I Found a thread in Hardware Forum about giving options for Matrox G400 card so tried again - still failed and dropped me into a root console. Tried startx which failed with "Parse error on line 107" (of XF86Config-4). The line said "VertRefresh 49.0 - 8". Changing the 8 to 80 I tried again with success (using it now).
But is this a bug or is it me? I suspect this was causing failure of Knoppix to set up X even without passing extra parameters for video card - but then it tried several setups after that and left me with a completely unsuitable config.
I was not quite sure where to post this so hope you forgive me if this is the wrong place.

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz
$100.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory
$669.00
LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00