-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Root password for Knoppix Live CD

Originally Posted by
Joel-Tang
I need the password for the root of the Live CD.
I think I need this because my hdd install doesn't recognize my Voodoo 3 2000 adapter.
Therefore, I would like to copy the XF86Config-4 file from the RAM disk of the live CD and copy it into my hdd installation. I've copied the RAM disk version pretty easily.
But when I try to copy it to the hdd install, the root password doesn't give me access to it. (I can still boot the hdd up to the console, only startm fails) Furthermore, I try to copy it when in the Live CD mode to my hda2 (that is where the install is) I cannot get write access.
I would think I could do it by enabling read/write on the live CD but it still doesn't let me write to hdd from live CD.
I've been trying to get linux running on my pc for about 2 years now

(except for redhat 8 which is too much for my PII 400MHz) and have never been successful. How do you guys do it?!?!?
Try this from a console window:
Code:
sudo mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
sudo cp /mnt/hda2/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda2/etc/X11/XF86Config-4.original
sudo cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda2/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
This makes a copy of the original file and copies the running config to the HD reboot and you should have the same screen as you had on the CD boot.
Similar Threads
-
By papwilly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 02:04 PM
-
By jaykay in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 08:01 PM
-
By MrWizard in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By swamishriji in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:55 AM
-
By swamishriji in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99