Open a console window and su then enter then type the root password and enter then netcardconfig and enter your settings.
Hello, I just installed Knoppix to my hard drive; I just started using Linux a few days ago. I have a cable modem which is connected to a router. During the install process when I was prompted to give my ip addresses, my real one and the router one, since I couldn't halt the installation to find out what they were I just hit ok. So I need to know how to reconfigure my network settings so I can get online.
p.s. Should I be asking this question in a Debian forum instead?
Open a console window and su then enter then type the root password and enter then netcardconfig and enter your settings.
thanks for answering Stephen
I have the same situation. now i ran the fix you posted and knoppix does not detect my network card. i have a NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking adapter. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I am using Knoppix 3.2.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98