-

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
richeddy
After installing Knoppix via KNX-HDINSTALL, when I run usbview in a terminal window, I get an error message that pops up in a window:
Can not open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices
Verify that you have USB compiled into your kernal, have the USB core modules loaded, and have the usbdevfs filesystem mounted.
This is the same on three systems. When I run Knoppix from the CD, all is fine. everything is detected, etc.
Any ideas?
Sure- it can't mount it because it can't find it in fstab methinks.
Just add this to your /etc/fstab:
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
That oughtta do it.
Ah, methinks you are on to something. I added that line to my fstab file and now I can manually mount it, but only as root. Further, if I mount it as root I cannot read or write it as user. How do I change this? Oh, and thanks for the help!
Similar Threads
-
By upnorth in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:32 AM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 09:30 PM
-
By garyng in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 09:27 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00