Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix V3.3 Kernel Sources

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22

    Knoppix V3.3 Kernel Sources

    Hello,

    I need drivers for my ATI Radeon 9500. I found them, but I haven't the kernel source of knoppix (V3.3)

    Where can I download it and where I have to put it and how? (I have the HD Installation)

    [I'm a linux newbie *G*]

    Thx!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Download :
    http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppi...Custom_all.deb

    then run (as root)
    dpkg -i kernel-source-2.4.22-xfs_10.00.Custom_all.deb

    it will install to the correct place ( /usr/src/ )

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22
    Hi,
    thx for your answer.

    For my radeon 9500 graphiccard I need DRM or DRI support. How can I activate it. Is there a script available, which maybe generates the kernel for me or is there a possibilty to load the drm lib in the current, loaded kernel?

    I have downloaded and installed the source in the last post.

Similar Threads

  1. kernel sources
    By br1-69 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 08:47 AM
  2. knoppix-kernel.patch does not work on supplied sources
    By BillS in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
  3. kernel sources?
    By hvinelinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:29 AM
  4. when are the new kernel sources going to be released
    By voldemort in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 03:27 PM
  5. how work the sources.list in Knoppix??
    By zlibre in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS picture

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586 picture

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586

$149.99