Do a search for this: the real issue for upgrading Kde seems to be that you need to point your sources.list at unstable.
When I tried to install kmplayer (apt-get install kmplayer) apt-get began
to upgrade about 37 packages mostly KDE related before installeing kmplayer, but half-way this proces , apt-get frooze, and now I have a messed up KDE. When I want to reinstall KDE I get depencies problems,canot install.
Does anybody know how to install KDE3.2 on knoppix 3.2 system (HDD install) Or if that is a bad idea, reinstall KDE from knoppixCD whitout a complete reinstall of the whole system?
Do a search for this: the real issue for upgrading Kde seems to be that you need to point your sources.list at unstable.
Do you really mean KDE 3.2? This only exists as alpha at the moment,Originally Posted by jackren
so I doubt there's any official debian package. If you want to restore a
working 3.1.3, here's an old post from this forum (that I cannot find
back right now) which worked fine for me. Credit to the original poster.
I myself just upgraded to KDE 3.1.3 so here is what I did:
1. at the command line as root, type:
$ kedit /etc/apt/sources.list
2. Save a back-up copy, then delete everything in the file. Copy the following line and save:
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
(note, you might want a closer server than http.us.debian.org.debian, such as
deb ftp://ftp.it.debian.org/debian unstable main
3. At the command line as root type:
$ apt-get update
4. You can now start the copying process by typing:
$ apt-get install xxxx
where xxxx are the following files:
arts
kde-i18n-it <-- Only if you want Italian modifications to KDE
kdeaddons
kdeadmin
kdeartwork
kdebase
kdebindings
kdeedu
kdegames
kdegraphics
kdelibs
kdemultimedia
kdenetwork
kdepim
kdetoys
kdeutils
quanta
5. Restart your computer and you should be done!
there is a possibility to even run kde 3.2 CVS on debian, there is an (of course unofficial) kde CVS repository, you can find it using www.apt-get.org searching on 'kde'.
I use itits quite good, and its nice to see kde3.2 will be really improved alot...
Actually I might like to try that one of these days on a spare partition and a freshOriginally Posted by Superstoned
install; would the above package list(with an adapted sources.list) work?
wow, be carefull, it is quite difficult (lot errors u have to resolve, at least I had some). I did just an apt-get dist-upgrade after putting the appropriate site in sources.list.
problems are mostly files wich are present in 2 packages (so apt-get, which doesnt allow this, gives an error). you must manually use dpkg to overwrite those files (with --force-overwrite, try man dpkg)
good luck!
I changed apt-config and replaced "testing " with "unstable"
also I put entrys for KDEcvs in "/etc/apt/sources.list"
then did a apt-get update .
But when I do apt-get install kde ,
I have unmet depencies for kcontrol and konqueror,
In addition KDE3.2 CVS will break at least twice this summer it fried my system and in the current release Konqueror does not seem to like playing streaming content from the net it gives me a I/O error every time I try to connect.Originally Posted by Superstoned
You can try commenting out all the stable and testing sources then apt-get update and then install. Also when you are installing use a line like apt-get install kdebase=exact_version_number to force apt to install the version from the CVS you may have to do this many times with the different programs you need.Originally Posted by jackren
installing cvs only worked for me after completely removing the default-release-line from apt's config file....

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99