-
Extensa 610 + LG's PCMCIA CD-Rom = Nothing !!!
Hello everybody.
I'm trying to install a knoppix's brazilian offshoot called Kurumin in a Extensa 610 ( Pentium 150mhz / 32mb RAM / 1.3 Gb / Surecom 100/10mbit PCMCIA Lan Card ). The machine don't have a built-in CD-ROM drive and because this I'm trying to use a LG's CRN-8240E external CD-Rom drive without success.
I already tried to use luelljoc's floppys, and also the knoppix nopcmcia ide2=0x180,0x386 and the drive didn't work.
I had tried to use Mandrake's PCMCIA boot disk and work fine but i can install it because the Hard Drive is to small and the computer is to slow for mdk 9.0. I'm without any other OS in the HD ( the HD is 100% clean, without any kind of partition ) and I can't copy the ISO to HD and boot by loadlin or acess the external CD-ROM Drive.
Anyone know what I can do to boot the CD-ROM in the PCMCIA drive to install it on my Hard Drive ? Any help is welcome.
-
Junior Member
registered user
You should have another look at luelljoc's floppies.
A new version was release today on his site:
http://www.luell.com/projects.html#knoppix_pcmcia
Please report back if these work for you!
Regards,
.- tx
Similar Threads
-
By mpunekar in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By w00dy986 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By slagmi in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 04:50 PM
-
By bkm_br in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:36 PM
-
By Guest in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54