I want to install Knoppix on my computer (an Acer Travelmate 521) and I need to maintain Windows.
My hard disk is too little for both of them, so I bought Crown Accessories' TravelHDD which, connected through USB port, is seen as a second hard disk even if it is external.
If I try to boot Knoppix with this second HD connected it is impossible to "initialize devices", it takes a so long time that I was not able to finish the initialization.
If I boot Knoppix with this second HD not connected Knoppix works, but my computer "dies" if I try to open "home".
I think that in both cases it tries to connect with the second HD and it is impossible.
I discovered on a Rad Hat forum that it may be a problem with USB support.
How can I install Knoppix on my second hard disk? Is it possible? (I have A copy of Knoppix 3.1)
Thank you.
Franco Frolloni

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
(60PCS)Intel Xeon e-2226g SRF7F 6 Core 12mb 3.4-4.7GHz 80w lga1151 CPU processor
$11100.00
Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99
HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00