Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Minor problems with HDD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10

    Minor problems with HDD install

    Hi,

    I just installed 3.3 to my drive. It boots fine, and runs great. I only have a couple problems. One is if I choose Logout | "Login as Another User" in KDE. When I do this, the screen just goes black. It doesn't return me to the KDM (I think it is using KDM) login screen. CTRL-ALT-BS doesn't kill the X server. It just seems to hang. No hard disk activity. The only thing I can do is power down.

    Anyone seen this before? An old Mandrake install I had did a similar thing, and I never found a solution.

    The second problem is that on boot up, I see a message saying that my ext3 partition is being mounted as ext2. I didn't see any error codes or anything to indicate what the problem is.

    This is installed on a Dell Inspiron 8200. It is triple-booted (WinXP, Suse 8.2, Knoppix 3.3), with GRUB as the bootloader. The ext3 FS for Suse mounts fine.


    Thanks.

    Nate

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10
    I fixed the problem with the ext3 fs getting mounted as ext2. I forgot to add the initrd option for the debian install in grub.conf. Added that and it mounted as ext3.

    Still have the logout problem though.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9
    I have the logout problem as well, with the 3.3 pre-release (5-9-2003) installed on my system.
    does anyone know how to fix it, or whether it is fixed in the later versions?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10
    This bug is in bugzilla (Bug# 265). http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265

Similar Threads

  1. HD install problems
    By toe_jack in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:04 AM
  2. a number of minor issues from a n00b
    By xSauronx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 12:20 PM
  3. minor flaws, but disappointing
    By wolfgang_a_h in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 01:11 AM
  4. Minor patch to compressloop utilities
    By Entropy42 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 06:38 AM
  5. hd install with 2 minor problems
    By rattler in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00