-
Junior Member
registered user
Minor problems with HDD install
Hi,
I just installed 3.3 to my drive. It boots fine, and runs great. I only have a couple problems. One is if I choose Logout | "Login as Another User" in KDE. When I do this, the screen just goes black. It doesn't return me to the KDM (I think it is using KDM) login screen. CTRL-ALT-BS doesn't kill the X server. It just seems to hang. No hard disk activity. The only thing I can do is power down.
Anyone seen this before? An old Mandrake install I had did a similar thing, and I never found a solution.
The second problem is that on boot up, I see a message saying that my ext3 partition is being mounted as ext2. I didn't see any error codes or anything to indicate what the problem is.
This is installed on a Dell Inspiron 8200. It is triple-booted (WinXP, Suse 8.2, Knoppix 3.3), with GRUB as the bootloader. The ext3 FS for Suse mounts fine.
Thanks.
Nate
Similar Threads
-
By toe_jack in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:04 AM
-
By xSauronx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 12:20 PM
-
By wolfgang_a_h in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 01:11 AM
-
By Entropy42 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By rattler in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00