-
Having problems updating KDE due to libvorbis?
Hi,
I installed Knoppix to the hard drive with no problems, everything seems to be working just great. My problem is that when I run aptitude it reports many KDE packages as being broken and wants to uninstall them. It all seems to come down to libvorbis0 or libvorbis0a (they conflict with each other). Due to that package being broken kdemultimedia is broken and everything else in KDE seems dependent on multimedia. I'm a recent gnome convert and am not sure how to fix this kde problem. I've tried a bunch of different sources.list entries, but can't get around this damn libvorbis blocking my upgrades. I've got stable, testing and unstable in my sources.list. This is a pisser because I don't even use that encoding for anything. Anyone else run into this?
Similar Threads
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 03:09 AM
-
By alphager in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 06:43 PM
-
By emanuelez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:19 AM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99