Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: konqueror in debian can't handle html files

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13

    konqueror in debian can't handle html files

    As you may know I recently made mozilla my default browser and then decided I wanted to
    make konqueror primary again as I found mozilla too distateful (it really drags my system down). Well I did that and now when I attempt to open a webpage with konqueror it tells me that konqueror can't handle the file type html. Well, I think Konqueror might be corrupted. The reason I think this is that I opened root's account and the configuration error persisted. But it opens and works with everything but html. Another guy I am talking to about this suggested that I ask the Debian Gurus about this. Does anyone know what I should do to get it working?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Open Konqueror go to Settings then Configure Konqueror and File Associations and move Konqueror to the top of the list for html in the text option.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    I did that. And with it set so it tells me that konqueeror can't handle the file tyoe. Thanks for trying to help!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    My konqueror web browser panel entry is this:
    kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing

    also you might want to look into:
    kfmclient --commands

    HTH

    ~rock

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13
    Hey buddy;
    I think that you may be on to something with that but I can't figure out what you mean by 'panel entry'. Do you mean Settings->Profile Mangement?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockMumbles
    My konqueror web browser panel entry is this:
    kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
    also you might want to look into:
    kfmclient --commands
    HTH
    ~rock
    Okay, I figured out that kfmclient is a command but what am I looking into it for? I also just figured out that 'kfm' stands for knoqueror 'file management'.

    I tried looking at konqueror's configuration ('kfm-client configure') but it responded by saying:

    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

    Is this normal?

Similar Threads

  1. Nvu WYSIWYG HTML-Editor
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 05:19 PM
  2. Dumb question about tar.gz files and Debian
    By oldgeezer in forum General Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:59 AM
  3. file:/cdrom/index.html
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
  4. Konqueror WAR files
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 03:15 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99