Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I can't see videos with xine.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    I can't see videos with xine.

    I've been trying launch Xine program to see AVI videos, but, when I click the icon, the system try to load the program for a few seconds and then... nothing. I don't now why it happens. I tried to execute the program from console, with "xine avifile.avi", and the program prompt some lines and stay like working (I don't see errors), but I can see any image or dialog.

    I tried to launch the video files clicking the avi (or mpeg) file from explorer, but the system tell me that don't find kaboodle (???).

    With Mandrake I haven't problems with videos (but I had troubles sintonizing TV channels... Nothing is perfect! )

    Could anybody help me? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Try going into the settings menu in Konqueror then configure Konqueror -> File Associations -> video -> x-msvideo and either move xine to the top of the list or add xine to the list if it is not there.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    -launch xine
    -set settings to expert mode to acces all menus
    -play with video drivers inside xine (and others)
    -load avi

Similar Threads

  1. WMA in xine
    By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
  2. OGM in Xine
    By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM
  3. Xine got better from 3.1 to3.3
    By ignuu2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. Viewing videos
    By dmedici in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
  5. videos on web sites?
    By yazdzik in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00