-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Uninstalling Knoppix
--Assuming your new Fat32 partition is /dev/hda2, from the knoppix cd:
' mkdosfs -F 32 -v /dev/hda2 '
--Now some systems require that the Fat32 partition be not just of type b (Fat32), it may need to be type c (FAT32 LBA.) Just FYI. I've run into this on one old 500mhz computer, had to change the extended partition from type 5 (Extended) to type f (Win95 Extended LBA).
--Once windows boots and recognizes the new fat drive, I highly recommend you re-format it from within Windows just for peace of mind.
--If you need further guidance, post results of ' fdisk -l ' from Knoppix cd, as root.

Originally Posted by
anman
I want to uninstall Knoppix. I have already made the partition at which Knoppix was installed a FAT 32 system, but now when I start Windows I need to format the whole partition. My question is if I format the partition will this only format the partition or the whole disk?
By the way how can I get rid of the LILO bootloader?
Thank you in advance,
Anne
Similar Threads
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:01 AM
-
By astump in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
-
By s-r-b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By bigfootedman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 06:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.01

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99