-
Battery Meter on HP/Compaq nx9005?
Hi, before I start I'm just gonna say I'm a complete Linux noob so go easy on me!
I've just downloaded Knoppix 3.2 and burnt it, and it's working great on my HP/Compaq nx9005 laptop. The only thing is the battery meter doesn't work. It says I don't have the linux 'APM' or 'ACPI' installed... it that possible with Knoppix, and how to I go about it?
Any help appreciated!
Andy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix doesn't have the ACPI patch applied so you won't get it to work. You have a few choices, install Knoppix to hdd and then install an acpi kernel (very easy to do) or if you want to continue booting the cd perhaps you could try a Knoppix variant that has an acpi kernel like Mepis.
-
Ah OK, thanks for the advice
Similar Threads
-
By yshadow in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 09:17 AM
-
By zip.it in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 03:39 PM
-
By motumboe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By Bleim in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By Peterobe in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99