-
LIRC && Knoppix...
Hi all
I'm new with linux, so I decided to use Knoppix. I did a HD-install, and everything works fine. But now I want to add LIRC to Knoppix. But I can't find a step-by-step guide how to do this and configure it on my Knoppix. Is there somebody who already did this and wants to help me? I'm using knoppix 3.2
Thanks in advance,
Wouter
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix Linux is based on Debian GNU/Linux which uses a package manager called apt to install software. You can always compile and install software from source but apt is much easier. There is a .deb for LIRC in the database so- if you've done apt-get update (as root of course) then all you *should* need to do is apt-get install lirc. There is alot of information here about apt-get.
Similar Threads
-
By kurtmagnus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
-
By Frost in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:06 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By Chello in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

2.0 LBS Vintage Scrap Memory RAM FOR Gold Recovery PC & SERVER RAM UNSHIELDED
$110.00

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99

Vintage Fujitsu FKB4725 Peerless Clicky Mechanical PS/2 Keyboard N860-4725-T601
$40.00

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00

Vintage 1983 Commodore 1702 Color Video CRT Monitor. Tested.
$350.00